One of the benefits of Zeet is that it automates your deployment pipeline, removing the need to manually log in to your server to pull code and build your Project while it's offline. Instead, Zeet connects to your GitHub Repository for full CI/CD integration out-off-the-box.
When you push any changes to your GitHub repo, Zeet will automatically pull the changes and rebuild and deploy your Project with the new code. Upon successful deployment of the new version, Zeet will swap out the old deployment for the latest one - resulting in zero downtime between deployments. If the build or deployment is unsuccessful, Zeet will keep the existing deployment active.
Configuring Production Branch
By default, Zeet deploys the
master branch of your GitHub repo. However, you can change the deployed branch by navigating to the Source & Branchy tab of your Project Settings. In the Production Branch field you can specify the branch you want Zeet to track as the "Production Branch" for your Project.
Manually triggering deployments
To manually initiate a new branch deployment, go to the Deployments tab on your Project details page and click the Deploy Branch button. You have three options:
- Build from scratch - initiates a new deployment by rebuilding all resources from the ground up.
- Build with cache - triggers a deployment using cached resources when possible, speeding up the process.
- Restart - restarts the pod without launching a new build or deploy.
Deploy strategies are methods to manage the rollout of new versions of deployment. Zeet supports two common deploy strategies:
- Rolling Deployments - incrementally roll out updates by deploying to a subset of instances while the old version remains active, ensuring a smooth transition and minimal disruption. This is Zeet's default deploy strategy.
- Restart Deployments - quickly replace existing deployment with the updated one, potentially causing brief service interruptions. This is suitable for stateless applications which can tolerate short downtimes.
You can change the Deploy Strategy for your Zeet Project in the Advanced tab of your Project Settings.